Treepodia's Google Chrome extension will help you to debug our Pixel and HTML5 Player integration.
- Using Google Chrome, browse to the extension page in the Chrome Store, and click the "+ADD TO CHROME" button at the top right-hand corner.
- A popup will appear asking for permissions. Click the "add extension" button.
The extension will download and install automatically. When it’s ready, the Treepodia logo will appear in gray in Google Chrome. The icon is located at the top right corner of your Chrome window.
Once the extension is installed it will monitor our scripts, and help you to find any errors.
Monitor HTML5 Player in Product Page
- Using Google Chrome, search for one of your store's product pages and wait for the page to fully load
- Click on the extensions icon, and a small window will open displaying information about the HTML5 Player integration
- If everything's well integrated, the window will look something like this:
- If one or more of the checkmarks appears in red, you will find a suggestion on how to
fix it at the bottom of
the extensions window.
In any case, you can click the "Send result for review by Treepodia" button. This will send us everything the extension has gathered, and we'll be happy to help you change that red mark to green.
Monitor Treepodia Pixel
- Using Google Chrome, search for one of your store's product pages, and wait for the page to fully load.
- Click the extensions icon, and a small window will open displaying information about the HTML5 Player integration.
- At the top of this window you will see two titles: "Player" and “Pixel".
- Click on "Pixel".
- Below is an example of what you might see:
- At the top of the window you will see information about your integration.
- Green means OK, red means something's wrong.
- Below the "Events", you will find a list of integration-related events that have been processed.
- In the example above, PageView has been processed and received without errors, so it appears in gray.
- The purchase event on the other hand, had errors, so it appears in red.
- Make sure to test the purchase events in your "Thank you"/"Order confirmation" page.
- This event should only fire after a purchase has been made.
- If one or more icons appear in red, you will find a suggestion on how to fix them at the bottom of the extensions window.
- In any case, you can click the "Send result for review by Treepodia" button. This will send us everything the extension has gathered and we'll be happy to help you change that red mark.
For questions or help with the extension or integration, you can always contact us at email@example.com